Latitude ‘2023 Events’ Promotion – Terms and Conditions
Version: July 2023
"Promoter", "us", "our", "we" means Latitude Finance Australia (Latitude), ABN 42008583588
'Promotion Period' means the period starting at 8:00am on 19/07/2023 and ending at the end of the last afternoon break on 20/07/2023
Event - Online Retailer Australia held at ICC Sydney, NSW
Draw Date - means 20/07/2023
Acceptance of conditions
- Any instructions on how to enter and other details contained within our advertisements for this Promotion form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry to the Promotion is only open to registered attendees/delegates of the Event who are aged 18 years or over and are residents of Australia. Entrants must be an individual, not a company or organisation.
- Our employees and those of our related bodies corporate, and their immediate families. are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family” means a spouse, de facto partner, parent, child or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
Method of Entry
- Entry is free. Entrants are responsible for all costs associated with entering the competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet.
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must 'follow' the Latitude Partner Hub page on Linkedin and 'like' the latest post which will refer to the applicable event during the Promotional Period.
- At our discretion we may disqualify and remove any entries that display or publicise any political slogans, homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of its products or services, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon us or our related bodies corporate.
- At our discretion we may disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in the Promotion by, any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with, or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these Terms and Conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- There will be one (1) prize valued at $1,000 consisting of a gift card or cards that can be used to make multiple purchases everywhere Visa is accepted.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash.
- The prize winner agrees to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of the gift cards and is responsible for all costs associated with using the prize.
- The prize winner will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries on the Draw Date at our registered address.
- If a redraw is required, it will be conducted at the same location and by the same method as the original draw. Redraws will continue in the same manner until the prize has been successfully claimed by a prize winner.
Notification of winners
- We reserve the right to verify the validity of the entries before announcing the winning entrant.
- Within seven (7) days after the Draw Date, the prize winner will be notified by a private message to the LinkedIn account used to enter the Promotion and their details will be published in a post on our or our related bodies corporate’s LinkedIn accounts.
- If a prize winner does not respond to claim the prize within one (1) month of the Draw Date, the prize winner forfeits the prize and a redraw will occur.
- A prize winner found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions winner forfeits the prize and a redraw will occur.
- At our discretion we may require a prize winner to provide proof of identity, age, Australian residency, and any other identification considered necessary for verification. A prize winner that does not or cannot provide proof as requested forfeits the prize and a redraw will occur.
- A prize winner consents to us using and publishing their name on Latitude LinkedIn associated pages, in promotional material, including on ours or our related bodies corporate’s websites, electronic publications or social media accounts.
Exclusion of liability
- We accept no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, incorrectly formatted or illegible entries or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise.
- To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize(s).
- We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize.
Problems affecting the Promotion
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond our reasonable control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, we may at our sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
- Our decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- This Agreement is to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and all parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria.
- If any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions or the application thereof to any person or any circumstance shall be or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the same shall be read down, if such reading down is possible, and if found to be impossible, shall be severed and the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.