Visa Apple Pay
Terms & Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply where you add, use or remove a Latitude Card in Apple Pay on your eligible Apple Device.
These terms and conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions (also known as the Conditions of Use) that apply to your Latitude Card and account. The terms and conditions for your Latitude Card which relate to EFT transactions also extend to the use of Apple Pay in relation to your card.
If there is any inconsistency between the Conditions of Use applying to your Latitude Card and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions will apply to the extent of that inconsistency.
Please note that these terms and conditions do not apply to the relationship between you and Apple, your telecommunications provider or any other third party who provides services or applications incorporated into Apple Pay. Apple, your telecommunication provider and those third parties impose their own terms and conditions.
2. Adding and removing a Latitude Card on Apple Pay
You can add your Latitude Card to Apple Pay only on your eligible Apple Device so long as your Latitude Card or account is not cancelled, blocked, suspended or in default. You can remove your Latitude Card from Apple Pay at any time.
We will verify your identity when we do this and require that your mobile phone number and email address is up to date to enable this process.
You can find instructions on how to add or remove a Latitude Card at www.latitudefinancial.com.au.
If we re-issue your Latitude Card due to misuse, loss or theft or a breach of the card’s PIN or password we will keep you moving by securely replacing your lost or stolen credit card directly in Apple Pay on your Apple Device.
3. Using Apple Pay
You can use Apple Pay to authorise transactions on your account by using the Apple Device instead of a Latitude Card at a contactless payment terminal or in an application on an Apple Device or online where Apple Pay is supported.
You will be required to manually enter the Latitude Card PIN for transactions in certain cases (e.g. where a transaction is over $100).
4. Security, Misuse, Loss and Theft
You must inform us immediately if your Apple Device, Apple Wallet or passcode has been misused, lost or stolen by calling the Customer Solutions number on the back of your Latitude Card or on the Latitude website.
You should also log in using ‘Find My iPhone’ or your iCloud account and delete all cards from Apple Pay. If a Latitude Card has been deleted from Apple Pay you will still be able to use the physical Latitude Card associated with your account, unless it is also blocked or cancelled.
You must give us all the information that you have or can reasonably obtain regarding the unauthorised use, loss or theft.
If you suspect an unauthorised transaction in respect of an additional cardholder, you must suspend or close the Latitude Card of the additional cardholder by calling the Customer Solutions number on the back of your Latitude Card or on the Latitude website.
You must keep the Apple Device, Apple Wallet and passcode secure, including by:
- ensuring that only your fingerprint or biometric identifier is registered on your Apple Device;
- not sharing your Apple Wallet or passcode with anyone;
- not having a record of the passcode in your Apple Device or on anything liable to be stolen with your device;
- ensuring it has passcode lock or similar lock which activates when the device is not in use or unattended;
- ensuring that your passcode does not:
- contain any numeric or alphanumeric code which represents your name or any part of it;
- contain any numeric code which represents your birth date or any part of it;
- contain your credit card PIN or any part of it; and
- not having an easily guessable passcode;
- changing your passcode regularly;
- installing and maintaining Apple software updates and appropriate anti-virus software on your Apple Device; and
- removing any Latitude Cards from your Apple Device before disposing of it.
You may become liable for all or any unauthorised transactions if you do not keep your Apple Device, Apple Wallet and passcode secure in the manner described above.
5. Liability and unauthorised transactions
Except as set out in these terms and conditions, your liability for unauthorised transactions using your Latitude Card with Apple Pay will be determined in accordance with the Conditions of Use relating to your liability for EFT transactions applying to your account.
In the Conditions of Use references to “cards” are to be read as references to an Apple Device and references to “PIN” or “password” are to be read as references to the Apple passcode, with all necessary modification, and noting that if third party’s fingerprint or biometric identifier is registered on your Apple device, you will be liable for these transactions.
6. Fees and Charges
We do not charge you any additional fees for adding, removing or using a Latitude Card on Apple Pay. You are responsible for all third party charges associated with the use of Apple Pay such as charges from your telecommunications provider for SMS, mobile data charges etc.
7. Suspension and termination of Apple Pay
Latitude may block, suspend or deactivate your Latitude Card in Apple Pay at any time. Reasons for such action may include:
- where Latitude suspects fraud or misuse of any kind;
- if we believe you gave us false or misleading information;
- if your Latitude Card or account has been cancelled, blocked or suspended;
- if your account is in default or closed;
- if required by law for example, anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws;
- If we believe that your access to Apple Pay has been or is being used to further any illegal activity;
- to ensure security or quality of service;
- to prevent loss to you or us;
- if requested to do so by Apple or by the relevant card scheme (for example, Visa);
- if Latitude's arrangements with Apple in respect of Apple Pay are terminated or are suspended; or
- for any other reason, with Latitude acting reasonably in the circumstances.
8. Privacy and data collection
Further to Latitude’s privacy notices above, Latitude may collect, hold and disclose personal information and data relating to your use of Apple Pay and your Apple Device to Apple and other third parties:
- to ensure the proper functionality of Latitude Cards in Apple Pay and to improve Apple Pay generally;
- for security purposes and to identify and prevent fraud;
- to provide a better service to you; and
- to tell you about our products or services that may be of interest you.
If you do not want us to collect, hold or disclose your personal information or data as described above, you should not add your Latitude Card to Apple Pay. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing, please contact the Customer Solutions number on the back of your Latitude Card or on the Latitude website.
9. Availability and Latitude liability
Apple Pay is made available by Apple and is only available on compatible Apple devices. You must accept Apple’s terms and conditions in order to use Apple Pay.
Latitude is not responsible or liable for the use, functionality or availability of Apple Pay, any Apple device, the availability of contactless payment terminals at merchants, or any reduction in service level caused by third party telecommunications and network providers.
Latitude is not liable for any loss arising from your use of Apple Pay to the extent the loss was caused by your fraud or the breach of these terms and conditions or your misuse of Apple Pay or your Apple device.
10. Changes to these terms and conditions
Subject to the notice requirements set out below, we may change these terms at any time.
We will give you 20 days advance written notice of any changes we make that:
- imposes or increases a charge relating to the addition, use or removal of a Latitude Card in Apple Pay;
- increases your liability for losses relating to EFT transactions enabled by Apple Pay; or
- imposes, removes or adjusts a transaction limit applicable to your use of Apple Pay.
We will give you advance notice of other changes by writing (including by email) to you or by any other manner which is likely to come to the attention of as many account holders as possible (this may include by notice on or with your statement of account or by press advertisement).
We do not have to give you advance notice where an immediate change to these terms is necessary to restore or maintain the security of our systems or the accounts.
Latitude can change these terms and conditions by giving you notice by the communication methods described below in clause 11.
The current terms will always be available for you to view at www.latitudefinancial.com.au.
11. Communication of notices
By agreeing to these terms and conditions and by continuing to use your Latitude Card on Apple Pay, you consent to receiving any notice or any other document we are required to give you by any of the following methods:
- by emailing the notice or other document to your email address;
- by SMS to your mobile device with a link to the notice or other document;
- by making the notice or other document available for a reasonable period of time on the Online Service Centre or Latitude mobile app for retrieval - we will send an email to your email address to notify you that the notice or other document is available for retrieval by you;
- in a manner permitted under the national consumer credit laws, which include public notice in an Australian national paper; or
- by any other method provided for in the terms and conditions applying to your account.
Unless otherwise defined below, defined terms in these terms and conditions have the same meaning as in the Conditions of Use. In these terms and conditions:
- Apple means Apple Pty Limited ABN 46 002 510 054 and/or its related bodies corporate and affiliates.
- Apple Device means a device such an iPad, iPhone or Apple Watch, or any other eligible device manufactured by Apple from time to time.
- Apple Pay means the mobile payment service created by Apple that lets users make payments using credit cards or debit cards on eligible Apple Devices.
- Apple Wallet means the digital wallet service created by Apple that lets users add credit, debit, and prepaid cards on eligible Apple Devices to make payments using Apple Pay.
- Latitude, we or us means Latitude Finance Australia ABN 42 008 583 588 and/or its related bodies corporate, affiliates, successors and assigns; and our has a corresponding meaning.
- Latitude Card means an eligible Latitude credit card which is not expired, blocked, suspended or cancelled.
- you or your includes as the context requires, the additional cardholder of the Latitude Card.
Apple and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc.
© Copyright Latitude Finance Australia ABN 42 008 583 588. Australian Credit Licence 392145