At Latitude we are committed to keeping our customers safe
and secure by utilising some of the best processes and technology
available. Here are some of the ways we help keep you
safe and secure:
– Our fraud management system identifies
unusual activity on your credit card, If a suspicious
transaction is detected, our card security experts are
alerted so they can take any necessary action.
Protection against ID theft
– All customer applications are screened for potential ID
theft. We will proactively alert you in the event we
suspect fraud has taken place using your personal details.
Skilled Fraud Solutions Team
– In the unfortunate event of a fraudulent transaction
on your account, our Fraud Solutions Team will work
with you to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
Immediate fraud contact systems
– If we detect a possible fraudulent transaction on your
account we may confirm the transaction with you by SMS or
phone, giving you an added level of security against
Online Fraud Protection for your Credit Cards
– Latitude utilises an additional layer of security on all
our MasterCard and VISA products that verifies your online
purchases in real time. This verification helps to reduce
credit card fraud and unauthorised credit card use.
Fraud money back guarantee
– Latitude also offers a money back guarantee for fraudulent
transactions, so if there’s a fraudulent transaction on your
account, you will not be held liable if you have not
contributed to the loss and notified us promptly of the theft,
loss or misuse of your card/account. You also need to have
abided by the Conditions of Use (COU) of your account.
Anyone who discovers your PIN could use your credit card
therefore it’s important that you protect it and not share
it with anyone. For added security and convenience, you
can change your PIN whenever you want by phone. Please
see the contact us page.
When selecting your PIN, please keep in mind these simple
hints to ensure people won’t be able to easily guess your PIN.
- Select a PIN that’s easily remembered only to you, without needing to write it down.
- Don’t select a PIN that uses your birth date.
- Don’t use a code that is a recognisable part of your name or address.
- Don’t use a PIN which has sequential numbers, e.g. ‘1234’ or where all numbers are the same, e.g. ‘1111’
- Don’t write down or record your PIN or PIN change reference number.
- Don’t save your PIN to a mobile phone, computer, organiser or other device.
- Don’t write down or record a disguised PIN, for example, by reversing the numbers.
- If your card or PIN is lost or stolen, please notify us immediately.
Whenever personal information is captured on our website
we use a high level of security to protect it. These security
levels are standard for internet banking and large scale
e-commerce sites and involve the use of 128-bit encryption.
You can check the security level of a web page by clicking
on your internet browser's padlock or key icon. Encryption
is the standard way of protecting your information as it is
transmitted between you and us. This involves converting the
information into an unreadable code using a "key" (and also
de-coding it using this "key"). The longer the key, the more
difficult it is for others to break the encrypted code.
All active sessions in the system will time out if there
is no activity, the system is designed in this way to protect
your information and identity when accessing your information
via a shared or public computer.