New Personal Loan customers can receive no repayments and no interest for the first 3 months on debt consolidation loans of $20,000 or more
How a Better Start Personal Loan works
This graphic shows you how a Better Start personal loan would work over an example loan term.
- Up to month 3
No repayments. No interest.
MonthAfter 3rd month repayments and interest begin
- Loan term extends by 3 months
Check your rate
We’ll ask you a few quick questions about your circumstances and credit history to give you a personalised interest rate and repayment amount.
This won't affect your Credit Score
Get A Better Start
We want to help you take a break from your debts. For the first 3 months of your loan – no interest, no repayments. A chance to get on top of your finances.
But hey – if you choose to get ahead early, you can start paying down your loan within that 3-month period - without having to pay any interest. This will reduce the amount of interest you pay overall. Now that's what we like!
Our Better Start Personal Loan is for new personal loan customers borrowing $20,000 or more to consolidate debts.
Fees & charges
|Establishment Fee||$250 for loans of $20,000 or more|
|Loan Service Fee||$13 per month|
|Australia Post Payment Handling Fee||$1.50|
|BPAY® Payment Handling Fee||$1.50|
|Late Payment Fee:||$35 In the event that you can’t make the minimum repayment by your agreed due date|
|Early Termination Fee:||$300 within the first half of your loan term (inclusive of the 3 months no payment period)|
|$0 within the second half of your loan term|
What will my repayments be?Let's calculate
How the debt consolidation
- Let’s work out your debtThis could include multiple credit cards and loans with other providers.
- Let’s applyOur application process is fast and easy, and you can check your interest rate before you apply. Let’s get started!
- Let’s handle your payments directlyIf approved, we get rid of the hassle and do all the hard work for you by:
- Organising the consolidation of your debts
- Paying your nominated credit providers directly
- Closing off your nominated old accounts to avoid further debt
- Start making just one payment for all your debtsLatitude will do all the organising to consolidate your debts, so you can breathe easier, take a break, and take control. All you need to do is pay down your loan, one easy-to-manage payment at a time. Now that’s better.
Let’s talk loan details
|Fixed rate||For the life of the loan|
|Loan amounts||From $20,000|
|Repayments||Direct debit either weekly, fortnightly or monthly|
|When||Choose the day of the week your repayments are deducted|
|Loan terms||1 - 7 years, plus 3 months|
|Loan types||Secured and unsecured|
|Other benefits||Extra repayments accepted1|
How to apply
- Check your interest rate online in 3 minutes without impacting your credit score.
- Apply online and receive a response in 60 seconds.
- Provide required documents, such as your payslips and identification documents.
- Accept and return your loan contract online.
- Obtain funds within 24-48 hours of us receiving your online acceptance.
- Be a new Latitude Personal Loan customer
- Be borrowing at least $20,000 for debt consolidation
- Be a permanent resident of Australia, who is at least 18 years old
- Be currently employed on a permanent basis and have a regular income
- Be able to demonstrate a good credit history for the last 5 years
- Be free from bankruptcy for the last 7 years
- Be a new Latitude Personal Loan customer
Better Start FAQs
Application and fees
^ Approved customers only. Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply for Latitude Personal Loan. Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply for Latitude Car and Motor Loan. All applications are subject to lending and approval criteria.
Loan terms range from 1-7 years.
For Better Start Personal Loans the loan term is extended by an additional 3 months which represents the 3 month no interest and no repayment period.
Better Start Personal Loan is a promotional offer that ends 8th December 2021.
Latitude Personal Loan rates range from 5.99% p.a. to 21.99% p.a. for secured loans (comparison rates 7.26% p.a. to 23.15% p.a.) and 7.99% p.a. to 22.99% p.a. for unsecured loans (comparison rates 9.24% p.a. to 24.15% p.a.).
Latitude New and Used Car (Including Boat, Caravan, Motorbike and Commercial Vehicle) Loan rates are 5.99% p.a. and 9.99% p.a. (comparison rates 7.24% p.a. and 11.08% p.a.) and is available as a secured loan.
* The Comparison rate for the above products are based on $30,000 over 5 years.
WARNING: These comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
EXAMPLE: A personal loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with an interest rate of 10.99% p.a. (12.21% p.a. comparison rate), would equate to a total amount payable of $40,233 (including a $250 establishment fee and $13 monthly loan servicing fees).
Results from the calculators should be used as an indication only, and they do not represent either a quote or pre-qualification or approval for a loan. The calculator should only be used as a guide to see how loan repayments can vary when you change the loan amount, interest rate and loan term. Fees and charges are payable and the calculators do not take these into account.
1 You can make additional payments at any time, however an early termination fee may apply if the loan is repaid within the first half of your loan term.